Saturday, May 2, 2015

My First Digital Stamp - Dragons & Baptisms


I just discovered the magic of digital stamps! *gasp!* 

So a co-worker asked me to make a card for a baptism for her. As a not particularly religious person, I don't have any faith based stamp images or sentiments. I did a search of the Stampin Up catalog, the simonsaysstamp website, and even Amazon.... I couldn't find anything that caught my fancy. Not surprisingly... 

And then I searched Pinterest - I should have started there first, I don't know what I was thinking....

There were a ton of ideas, and most of them didn't even use stamps! But I wanted to color... I found a few card ideas that used images by MoManning and I fell in "craft love".

I googled Mo Manning to find out where I could buy her stamps, because I know I've purchased a few of her stamps before (Penny Black & Stamping Bella make rubber versions of her images) and I found her blog and online store: http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com. 

She has a HUGE store full of digital images for very reasonable prices. I totally recommend you visit her store and take a peak at what she has. She's so talented! 

Well, to make a short story, shorter, I found cute baby boy and baby girl images in baptism gowns. It was perfect for what I needed, so I added both images to my cart. And then, because it's an instinctive impulse, I browsed the rest of her image library. All of it. Every image. I couldn't help myself, everything was so gosh, darn cute! Before I knew it, I had 25+ images in my cart. I had an internal argument about spending money on a product I didn't need... Well, I "needed" it, but you know.... 

So I compromised with my inner thrifty self. I purchased the two baby images, and this dragon image. It captured my heart as soon as I saw it. After all, I could go back and buy/download more images later. My instant gratification impulse would not suffer too much.

I liked how easy it was to print out on my copic friendly paper (Neenah Exact Index,110lb white card stock) and how simple it was to resize the image. Magic! 

Anyway I couldn't wait to color this dragon and little boy. I couldn't print it out fast enough! :-) I used my new HexChart to pick out the copic colors I wanted to use on the dragon. I'll post my review of Sandy Allnock's HexChart soon! I want to play with it a little more before I give you the rundown on it.

Here's the result...doesn't it make your heart warm and tickle your imagination?! I love it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts