Sunday, March 15, 2015

30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 12

WAHOOO!  Day 12! here's my submission for #thedailymarker30day challenge.  It's another one from Stamping Bella.  Super cute girlfriends.  I love it!

Both the image and sentiment are from Stamping Bella: Pattie and Dottie Friends Forever
 
Stamped with tuxedo black memento ink on Neenah Solar White, 110 lb cardstock. 
 
Colored with copics:
 
Boa: BG10, BG 11, BG13 & Wink of Stella
 
Ground: W0, W1, W1, W3, 0
 
Girl on Left:
  • Hair: BV00, C5, C8, 100
  • Skin: E31, E33, RV11
  • Dress/shoes: RV10, RV11, RV13
Girl on Right:
  • Hair: Y21, Y26, Y28
  • Skin: E00, E02, RV10
  • Dress/Shoes: BV00, BV02, BV04, BV13
 
 
 
My reflex is to color all people in the picture with the same skintone.  I think that was more of a learned habit because when I started coloring with copics, I tried to color all "people" stamps with my own skintone.  And I think I did that because it was easy to hold up my coloring against my own arm to see if my coloring looked like real skin.  Last January I took a Copic Workshop on coloring hair and skintones and I learned a WHOLE lot of combinations that were just amazing.  Since then, I have been trying to use what I've learned and I have been super happy with how well everything is turning out!
 
 
And gosh, I think I might need to do something about the picture quality ... I have been taking pictures with my iphone5s.  Perhaps I just need better lighting?  probably.  I need to figure that out... 
 
Anyway.  Happy Sunday.  I hope everyone has a good day!
xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts