Thursday, March 12, 2015

30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 9

Here's my submission for Day 9 of #thedailymarker30day challenge!  Woo! SO Super excited about today's coloring adventure! 
 
I've had these stamps in my collection for over a year now, and I haven't really had an opportunity to spend much time with them, until now! I think they are from Penny Black (Mo Manning), but I'm not 100% sure.... let me know in the comments if you can confirm.... Anyway, to whoever designed these, I love them. They were a blast to color! 
 
These images were stamped on Neenah Exact Index 110 lb card stock, in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored with copics.  I put a little wink of stella on the bubbles and glossy accents on the bubbles in the Boy picture.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to add glossy accents to the bubbles in the girl picture, so I am going to wait on that until I'm ready to put this image on a card. 
 
The bubbles are my favorite part... I took 4 or 5 of the super bright/light copic colors (BV000, B000, RV00, YG1, Y00) and scribbled a little blob of color inside the bubbles. Then, I took my colorless blender (0) and scribbled over the bubble (but inside the lines) until there were no crisp edges between the different colors.  Then, I covered the bubbles with Wink of Stella.  They look FAB. 
 
I colored the boy image first, and then the girl image.  Looking at them now, I see that my girl picture has a jaw line, and my boy picture has a flat neck....  eh, just goes to show me that I need to practice more.  I'll leave this image as it is, and try to provide more contours to the face and neck area on the next "people" stamp I color in.   
 

 
 
I never get tired of the comments from @kathyrac or the other wonderful crafters on Instagram.  Everyone is so awesome.    and hey.... it looks like one of my coworkers liked my coloring too.  
 
 
 
 
later.
xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts