Tuesday, March 17, 2015

30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 14

I am a total cat person. Ok - back up - I am not really an animal person at all... It's more fair to say I am a "cat stamp" person.... Haha :) I love cat stamps! 

I love my real cat, but I'm like her 3rd favorite person. Which I guess is kind of a big deal for a cat.... She loves my Husband the most, which I understand... He IS the one that feeds her. But then she loves my husband's best friend the 2nd most.... And then I'm a distant 3rd. She only really shows me affection when no one else is around. 

Anyway - I love cat stamps because they are cute and cuddly without the excess cat hair. Adorable. 

This is my submission for Day 14 of #thedailymarker30day challenge.  This stamp is from the "Crazy Cat Lady" clear stamp set by Art Impressions and exclusively sold at Michael's. As soon as I heard Art Impressions was releasing new stamps and they would be sold at Michael's, I literally jumped in my car and drove right over. 

Now, I really do love this stamp company, but I do not like the clear stamps they produced with Hampton Art. I feel like they are made with sub-par materials and do not stamp a very good image. Even after stamping 15-20 times with an acrylic block, MISTI, and with the stamp press... no matter what tool I used, I still wasn't happy with the outline.  I even tried using different copic friendly inks (memento tuxedo black and black licorice hybrid ink from MFT). Rather than waste ANOTHER sheet of paper, I decided to color the best image of the bunch and then go back and outline the image with a copic multiliner. 

I stamped this one on Neenah Solar White, 110lb cardstock and inked the image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Colored with copics. 

Even with my stamping difficulties, I really do like this image. It is super cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts