Thursday, March 5, 2015

30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 2

Here's my coloring adventure for today. I was almost done with the image and decided I would add a little black gel pen to their eyes to make them pop... And then... on the last girl... my pen decided to play a nasty trick on me and drop a big blob right next to her nose.  Major bummer! I was so upset!

So I tried to think of ways to save the image. I thought about cutting her out of the picture entirely, but figured that would be too much fussy cutting (not TOOO much, but definitely more than I wanted to do).

And I thought about cropping off the end of the bike... But I didn't want to do that either... These four chicks needed to stick together.

And I thought about re-stamping the entire image, re coloring the bicycle and the last lady, and then and cutting out the other 3 ladies on my first image and pasting over my new image....perhaps adding a little bit of extra dimension.  At that point I was just exhausted thinking about it, and I really wanted to keep this a single layer. 

So then, I figured "go big or start over"... So I scribbled more black gel pen over the "black blob of disapointment" and fashioned some cool shades for my passenger. Looks good, right?  *sigh of relief*  Crafters crisis avoided.... 

It's always a risk when I try to modify a stamp beyond the original artist's design.  I feel a little rebellious, like I'm coloring outside the lines! *GASP!*  But in the end, I am super glad I took the risk because I love the result! I'm such a crafty rebel.... *wink*



Oh and I LVE all of the girlfriend stamps from Art impressions. I want to be just like these ladies when I "grow up"... This stamp is called Pedal Pushers, stamped using Memento Black Tuxedo Ink, and colored with copics. 

Not too shabby for Day 2 of #thedailymarker30day challenge.   

xoxo,
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts